Everything you need to know about working with Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP as your family law attorney

What are the hourly rates at Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP?

Attorney – $400 per hour
Paralegal – $110 per hour
Clerical – $50 per hour

How much is a consultation at Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP?

Our firm charges $60 for an initial client consultation. This entitles you to an hour of the attorney’s time. While other firms may offer a free initial consultation, that appointment is often with a staff member or limited to 15 minutes with the attorney. We prefer to book all consultations with one of the partners to provide you better service and high-quality advice.

What is a retainer and how much are retainers at Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP?

A retainer is a deposit towards fees charged by an attorney or their staff for work on your case. Retainers vary within our firm between $2,500 and $5,000, with the amount depending on the amount of work needed when the client initially retains our services.

What courts can Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP appear in for me?

The attorneys at Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP are licensed to appear in all state courts in California and the local federal court branches. Our firm regularly represents clients in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside and Orange Counties in family law matters. Click here to view courthouses on our website.

Does Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP take pro-bono work?

No. If you are seeking pro-bono referrals, please visit your local courthouse. The court clerk’s office has contact information for the local non-profit agencies that offer pro-bono services.

If I live out of state but am having a custody/divorce/support issue in California, can Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP help me?

Yes. Contact our office by phone or email to set up a phone or Skype consultation.

What are the hours of operation for Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP?

Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We do not close for the lunch hour.

What do I do if I just got served with papers?

Seek legal counsel as soon as possible, and be sure you do not miss your deadline to respond. On any court document, the Judicial Council form states how many days you have to respond. For example, on a Summons, a response must be served and filed within 30 days from the day you were served. On an RFO, a responsive declaration must be served and filed at least nine court days before the hearing.

Quick Connect