What should I do if my spouse serves me with divorce papers?

If your spouse serves you with divorce papers your first action should be to review the papers. Note the date that the papers were served to you and if there are any specific dates listed on the papers requiring a response from you or an appearance. Then, you should consult a divorce attorney immediately.