Need help establishing a legal parent-child relationship? Retain a skilled paternity lawyer from Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP.
When children are born to married parents, the various legal rights inherent in the parent-child relationship are automatically established. However, when parents are not married, these rights must be established in another way. Depending on the circumstances of your case and whether or not both parents are in agreement about their rights and responsibilities, parentage may be established through the signing of a voluntary Declaration of Paternity or by court order. In either case, you will want the services of a skilled paternity lawyer such as Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP to help ensure the process goes smoothly.
Benefits of Establishing Parentage
Establishing a legal parent-child relationship has many important benefits for children and parents alike. The main benefits for the children include:
- The right to financial support from both parents (via child support orders if necessary)
- Access to family medical records and history
- Health and life insurance coverage from either parent
- The right to inherit from either parent
- The right to receive social security and veteran’s benefits, if available
The main benefits for the parents include:
- The right to participate in decisions about the child (legal child custody)
- The right to spend time with the child (physical custody or visitation)
Why Hire Us as Your Paternity Lawyer
If you are involved in a paternity dispute, it is vital that you secure an experienced paternity lawyer to represent you. After all, the establishment of paternity comes with important rights and big responsibilities, and you would not want paternity to be assigned in error. At Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP, we have experience representing both mothers and fathers in paternity disputes. We can help you gather the evidence needed to establish legal parentage or disprove a false claim of parentage as the case may require.