How do I start the annulment process?

To start the annulment process, you will need to fill out the required forms. Form FL-100 is the Petition — Marriage/Domestic Partnership and Form FL-110 is the Summons. This will tell your spouse that you’ve started a court case. If you have children under the age of 18 together, you will also need to fill out Form FL-105, Declaration under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA).

These forms can be filed in the county where you or your spouse live. However, the process can be a bit complicated. It is best to contact an experienced family law attorney to help with your case.