How much does it cost to get a divorce in California?
In the state of California, court fees for a divorce filing are at least $435. In addition to court fees, there are also attorney fees on top of that. The cost of a divorce attorney in California depends on the complexity of your case. Factors that will affect how much a divorce costs in California are:
- The hourly rate of your divorce attorney
- Whether the divorce is contested or uncontested
- Whether or not there are children involved
- The amount of assets and debts involved
- Whether or not the case goes to trial
The average divorce in California costs approximately $17,500, including court fees, filing fees, and attorney fees. While there’s no way to pinpoint exactly how much a divorce in California will cost, but the factors above help you determine which end of the scale you’ll be on.