Does your marriage qualify for an annulment? At least one of the criteria below need to be met for a marriage to be annulled:
- Incest – the parties are related by blood
- Bigamy – one of the individuals is already married
- Age – one of the individuals are not above the age of consent
- Unsound mind – a party has a mental condition that prevents them from understanding the nature and duties of marriage
- Fraud – one party perpetrated a fraud to obtain the other’s consent to marriage
- Force – an individual was forced into the marriage against their will
If you need help applying for an annulment, contact a family law attorney today!