Whether or not you can get an annulment in California depends on a variety of factors. To be eligible for an annulment, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Incest: The parties are related by blood
- Bigamy: One of the individuals is already married
- Age: One of the individuals is not above the age of consent
- Unsound Mind: A party has a mental condition that prevents them from understanding the nature and duties of marriage
- Fraud: One party perpetrated fraud to obtain the other’s consent to marriage
- Force: An individual was forced into the marriage against their will
If you are wondering whether or not you qualify for an annulment, contact Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP today to discuss your case.