Yes, you, you can request a modification to your spousal support or alimony court order if your situation changes. However, only certain changes of circumstances will cause the court to grant a spousal support modification.
These circumstances include:
- A parent loses their job
- A parent gets a new job or promotion
- A parent gets remarried to a high-earning spouse
- The custody agreement is changed to share physical custody differently
- A child has been emancipated
- Support needs to be extended beyond age 18 for a disabled adult child
If you are looking to file for a spousal support modification, contact Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP today. We can schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case and the best path forward.