Can I change my spousal support order if my situation changes?

Yes, you, you can request a modification to your spousal support or alimony court order if your situation changes. However, only certain changes of circumstances will cause the court to grant a spousal support modification.

These circumstances include:

  • A parent loses their job
  • A parent gets a new job or promotion
  • A parent gets remarried to a high-earning spouse
  • The custody agreement is changed to share physical custody differently
  • A child has been emancipated
  • Support needs to be extended beyond age 18 for a disabled adult child

If you are looking to file for a spousal support modification, contact Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP today. We can schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case and the best path forward.