Can My Ex Leave the State with My Child?

Time with your children is precious and you want as much as you can get. Unfortunately, if you are no longer with the other parent of your child that typically means time away from them. In some instances, whether it be to personal preference or due to work or family reasons, your ex might want to move away with your child. In order to do this, they must file a child relocation petition with the court. The court will only approve the petition if it is in the best interest of the child. If your ex wants to leave the state with your child and initiates a child relocation petition it is important to you respond quickly. That is why you should contact Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP today to discuss your case.