Can I change my mind after filing for divorce?

Once the paperwork has been filed you will have some obligation to resolve the issue. It doesn’t mean that you have to move forward and actually get divorced, but your attorney will need to file a motion that either asks for the case to be dismissed or requests the court to suspend the proceedings.