When can I file for a child support modification?

In certain cases, you can file for a child support modification. These circumstances include:

  • Establishing sole physical custody to remove children from an unsafe home environment
  • Denying visitation to a parent who has developed a drug or alcohol problem or a dangerous mental illness
  • Providing additional supervised or unsupervised visitation to a parent who is recovering from an issue that previously made them an unfit parent
  • Making adjustments in length or frequency of visits to accommodate a relocation

When filing for a child support modification, you want to be sure that you put the best case forward. Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP can help you do just that. Call us today to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case.