Can I get my child support order modified if my situation changes?

In certain situations, you can submit a request to the court to modify your child support order. However, the court will only consider and grant child support order modifications in certain circumstances.

These circumstances include:

  • The spouse receiving support no longer needs it
  • The spouse paying support loses their job or is otherwise unable to afford payments
  • The spouse receiving support remarries or enters a new domestic partnership
  • The spouse receiving support is not making a good faith effort to become self-supporting
  • Child support has ended

You want to be sure that any child support order modification request is filed properly. Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP can help you put the best case forward so contact us to schedule an initial consultation.