Are you looking into ending your marriage and wondering if you can get an annulment in California? The answer to that depends on your situation. The good news is that we are here to help you through the process! Keep reading to learn more about annulments and how Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP can help you through the process.
Can My Marriage Be Annulled in California?
Yes, you can get an annulment in California. However, you need to meet certain criteria to be eligible for an annulment because they are only for marriages that were not valid in the first place.
Criteria for a Marriage Annulment in California
Is your marriage able to be annulled? In order to get an annulment in California, you need to prove that the marriage was never valid in the first place. To do this, you need to meet one of the following criteria:
- Incest: The parties are related by blood
- Bigamy: One of the individuals is already married
- Age: One of the individuals is not above the age of consent
- Unsound Mind: A party has a mental condition that prevents them from understanding the nature and duties of marriage
- Fraud: One party perpetrated fraud to obtain the other’s consent to marriage
- Force: An individual was forced into the marriage against their will
If you qualify for an annulment via any of the criteria listed above, reach out to us today for help with the process.
If you need help with an annulment case, contact Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP today.
Are you looking for help with your marriage annulment? If so, Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell, LLP can help. We have been practicing for over 29 years. With our vast experience, you can rest assured that we will work hard to ensure that you get the best outcome possible. If you are ready to move forward with your annulment case, contact us today at 909-482-1422 to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your situation.
To learn more about the reliable and quality family law services that we offer, visit us on the web at Kendall Gkikas & Mitchell.